The applicant will be responsible for providing quality workmanship, consistent service and perform all tasks related to the testing, diagnosing, repair, maintenance and reconditioning of heavy equipment typically on-site. They must be confident and able to work independently on site. The ideal candidate must be willing to work a flexible schedule with a variety of shifts to accommodate service needs. They will be career minded and looking for long term employment within this team orientated company.
This role is based in Calgary and reports to the Field – Maintenance Supervisor.
Location: Calgary and area
Employment Type: Full-time, seasonal
Experience Level: 5 Years+
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Is able to perform pipe placement, soil compaction, and pipe line up
- Can measure pipe for cuts into manholes, bends, and hydrants.
- At times may shovel gravel, hand dig for bell holes, water valves, or to unhook materials which have been craned into the trench
REQUESTED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years experience operating as an excavator in similar industry
- Able to read blueprints, to take direction and be willing to adapt to their environment (fast paced with time sensitive deadlines)
- Works well in team setting and is a true team player
- Reliable transportation to site and valid driver’s license
Safety certifications are an asset (Ground Disturbance Level 2 Certification).
*Please note, due to the number of applicants we cannot confirm receipt of your resume, or status of your application. Should you be a selected candidate you will be contacted.