We are now seeking full time, long term, qualified individuals to join our dynamic team as follows:
Excavator Operators – Including Basement and Mainline Specialties
The successful applicant for our team of Heavy Duty Mechanics have the exciting opportunity to work on our fleet of heavy equipment. This team is an integral part of our company and go above and beyond to ensure all equipment run smoothly in order to maintain steady operations. Your ability to take initiative combined with your driven attitude will contribute to your success as a part of our team. The ideal candidate must be willing to work a flexible schedule with a variety of shifts to accommodate service needs. They will be career minded and looking for long term employment within this team orientated company.
This role is based in Calgary and reports to the Equipment Shop – Supervisor.
Location: Calgary and area
Employment Type: Full-time, seasonal
Experience Level: 5 Years
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Operate excavator in a safe and appropriate manner
- Perform a variety of tasks depending on project type, your experience level, and machine size this may include mainline and/or basement excavation if interested
- Excavate for earthworks and bulk earth moving, deep utility installation, sloping and detailed finish grading, landscape works, trenching and utility works.
- Craning pipe, gravel, and manhole capabilities
- The ability to read blueprints, dig around utilities and experience with foundations
- Ability to use 870 excavators, 650s and more
REQUESTED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years experience operating as an excavator in similar industry
- Works well in team setting and is a true team player
- Reliable transportation to site and valid driver’s license
Safety certifications are an asset (Ground Disturbance Level 2 Certification).
*Please note, due to the number of applicants we cannot confirm receipt of your resume, or status of your application. Should you be a selected candidate you will be contacted.