Location: Calgary and area
Employment Type: Full-time
Experience Level: 0-5 years
The successful applicant will be responsible for both estimating and managing various projects. As an Estimator, they will prepare complete cost estimates for prospective projects. As a Project Coordinator they will manage projects working closely with our field operations team. Responsibilities will include quantity take-offs, estimating costs, managing project startups, efficient scheduling and management of resources (crews, equipment, & subcontractors), regular communication of project status to the project team and the client. The candidate must be able to maintain positive relationships with suppliers, subcontractors, and clients and most importantly a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
Other project responsibilities will include reviewing project and bid performance, completing daily progress and cost tracking, and being responsible for the efficient and effective progression of the project. This role will also work closely with administrative staff to complete invoicing and collection of outstanding receivables.
This role is based in Calgary and reports to the Manager of Underground.
- Quantity Take-offs
- Specification Reviews
- Field visits to inspect potential projects
- Prepare estimates for public and private work
- Daily entering of timesheets while reviewing for accuracy and completeness of costs and revenue items
- Invoicing of projects
- Meeting and regularly communicating with site foreman, consultants and clients on job planning and progress
- Coordinating initial project planning
- Managing ongoing project work (schedule, subcontractors, etc.)
- Negotiate positive resolutions with clients, suppliers and subcontractors
Renumeration & Benefits:
Kidco is pleased to offer a competitive salary with comprehensive benefits that include Medical and Dental benefits, RRSP Matching, and performance bonuses.
How to Apply:
- Option #1 – Send your resume via email to email@example.com
- Option #2 – Send your resume via fax to 403-730-7660 Attn: Tia Kjartanson