Location: Calgary and area
Employment Type: Full-time
Experience Level: 3-5 years
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Resolve and communicate any technical issues that may arise
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Road test vehicles/trucks when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly
- Perform duties in a timely and efficient manner
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Adjust and replace brake, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components etc.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- CVIP License is an asset
- Class 3/1 drivers license with air brakes (Q Endorsement)
- Proficiency in the use of all tools of trade (including welding equipment, diagnostic equipment, hand and power tools) required
- Basic computer skills required
- Ability to work in non-climate-controlled conditions required
- Specialized training and experience in the diagnosis/troubleshooting of major components (engines, transmissions, differentials)
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (yards, close geographical area and sites if required)
- Strong current electronics and electrical knowledge
- Must be able to work shift work and weekends
Renumeration & Benefits:
Kidco is pleased to offer a competitive salary with comprehensive benefits that include Medical and Dental benefits, RRSP Matching, and performance bonuses.
How to Apply:
- Option #1 – Send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Option #2 – Send your resume via fax to 403-730-7660 Attn: Human Resources